A surreal story, a protest song – screaming, singing and dancing in the street, the Youth International Party…the Yippies! Wake Up America, Music is Revolution, Youth International Party manifesto!– ridicule religion, get high on oil, therapeutic theatre, anti-religion, and finally a guitar song that sounds like the old straight forward rock’n’roll heroin heroes that died of overdose….LL goes back in time, is that possible? Everything exists today. But … yesterday’s anger is today’s bliss. So, here’s Ken Montgomery again, together with Crystal Penelosa to visit LL and have a talk about the NoW!
After the visit, LL stumbles upon an old box with a DOG stamp on it. He opens it, only to find out that ghosts don’t exist.
Here’s the playlist.
>>> Darrell Draeger’s Cassette Culture Blog
1. Let Us Out – Tale of a Trout – MC – Let Us Out (1991)
3. Abbie Hoffman – Ave Maria
4. Abbie Hoffman – Jesus
3/4 from double CD – “Youth International Party 1967-2018 50th” double CD incl. Abbie Hoffman’s “Wake Up Amerika” and “Music is Revolution” compilation, plus booklet, plus poster
5. Mutant Press (and Friends) – I couldn’t get high – CD – Blood for Oil, Songs of the Fugs
>> GENERATIONS UNLIMITED back at TRASH TONE STUDIO Berlin ….
Gen Ken Montgomery and Crystal Penelosa talking about what had happened after Generations Unlimited came back to live in 2015.
6. Crystal Penalosa – file – Puk
7. Gen Ken – Pimples, Bubbles, and Anchorites – MC – Various Artists – No Borders Compilation
8. Crystal Penalosa – file – seventenitheth Dn
9. Conrad Schnitzler – 4 minutes – MC – Various Artists – No Borders Compilation
Generator RVA: Now Playing (October 2017, Richmond Virginia)
>> KLAPPSTUHL Special……………..
10. Mr. Concept – “Do it” – CD – XXXVII
11. Institute of Noise – Unberuehrbar – CD – Achtung Messarbeiten!
12. Kalabris – Huepgburgrisiken / Hinterzarten / Trout Goat / Umdrehen (A Dog’s Box)
Post Scriptum, Ultimately there is no LL-show without the joyous chaosity produced by Hal McGee, one of the masters of the microcassetteplayers.
13. Hal McGee – unsubscribe now (excerpt) – CD – microcassettology
> ELECTRONIC COTTAGE is an alternative international community dedicated to homemade & DIY experimental art and music, Cassette Culture, Mail Art and zines – inspired by Dada, Fluxus, Punk Rock, Hacking, Circuit Bending, Anarchy, and Noise.
You want to submit your works or tapes/CDs/Vinyls released by you or your label?
Learn how to submit.
for broadcast hours/days